2.17.2011

Brockle Face Adventure!

Yes I've been called crazy at times, but I am on a new adventure to breed predictable white face crossbred market lambs.  The basis of this small flock and brockle project is a group of extremely thick well balanced heavy muscled montadale brood ewes.  I bred them to a barbwire buck last year and this year crossed them back on a brockle barbwire ram lamb.  We have been extremely fortunate and have some excellent looking lambs this year (pictures will come soon)  We had a set of triplets that were some of the biggest strongest triplets I've seen in my 20 years of recollection lambing.  I am really excited about this project, though it may not prove to be the most profitable as there is not a high demand for white face crossbreds.  However, look for us in the sale of champions at the Indiana State Fair in 10-15 years with them:) (wishful thinking but a girl can dream!)

No comments:

Post a Comment