2.18.2011

Girls Night Out

So tonight was a rarity and we had a girls night out that consisted of a great movie and dinner.  We went to go see just go with it.  Seeing as how I now work thirds my girlfriend, Dusty, and I had to go to an early show meaning 4:30pm....let me just tell you that there is nobody at the movies on a Friday night at 4:30 other then two gals looking for a nice evening and a bunch of old farts!  And when I mean old farts, I mean in their 70's plus years old!  Much to my annoyance, some hillbilly of a man sat behind me and the entire movie belched so loud and so disgustingly (if that's a word) that I wanted to ask him where his manners were.  Then, just as I was disgusted beyond reach, he showered me with a lovely coughing fit!  UGH!  However, he didn't ruin the movie for me.  This move was awesome!  It was a total chick flick as you can imagine, however I am not one to say that I would watch a movie more then once....but this one is definitely one I'd watch again.  Then we were off to Montana Mikes for a great dinner.  What had planned to be a nice sit down meal turned into a people watching event for us.  We had to wait 30 minutes or so for a table which provided me with more then enough entertainment for one evening...watching people get so upset with a poor greeter that certainly couldn't make anyone eat any faster or clean tables any faster then they were already being cleaned.  Once we sat down a very nice waitress came to take our order.  She then informed me a waiter there had requested to bring my drink as he thought I was something to look at.  Then Dusty noted a bus boy running into a wall looking at us.  Then another, yet again probably overly intoxicated hillbilly, walked by and said "hot damn" as he stared at us.  Oh, but it gets better, the waitress, yes the woman waiting on us, then proceeded to let me know she was a lesbian and struck up such a conversation with us.  Dusty said she was hitting on me, I'd like to think she was overly nice.  What a night of entertainment for two gals dressed in jeans, tennis shoes, and zip up sweatshirts.  Clearly we were out to impress the whole world, not!  I guess the moral of the story is, when you need a confidence booster, have a girls night out and "just go with it" as the movie title was.  Its alot of fun and you get free entertainment by not even trying!  Thanks to my girlfriend for a wonderful evening....I'm thinking it requires another date for sure:-)

2 comments:

  1. it just goes to prove that brunettes do have alot of fun! and i dont think there would have been much entertainment had we went anywhere but greenfield. i think all the strange comes out after dark there. and we should plan another night!

    ReplyDelete