2.21.2011

Did somebody say MEAT???

This past Saturday proved to be a fantastic time.  I got off work at 7am to go straight home, throw on some old clothes, and head to the A homestead for some fun meat cutting time:)  It was a great time with great friends and proved to be educational too!  I learned things from a serious nature like where all the cuts of pork come from to things of more important nature like the latest gossip:)  Saturday turned to be a long day with no sleep so when Sunday rolled around the option of church, dinner, and movie sounded amazing and relaxing.  We went to family video after church to find the latest funny videos when I spotted to "free" section.  As any thrifty normal woman would do, I checked it out.  Disappointed that it was boring educational documentaries and what not I didn't look too in depth, but just as I was getting ready to walk away, something caught my eye...a Holstein cow on the cover and something to do with America's food chain.  Not that I wanted this to be my relaxing Sunday movie, but it caught my eye and I thought I'd take a look at it, after all it was free!  MUCH to my disappointment, it was a movie made by PETA showing all the "terrible" conditions animals are raised in and how it affects America's food chain and not to eat meat.  After such a great weekend filling up the freezer with pork, feeling blessed to have so much food on hand, going to church and thanking the lord for all my blessings....this is what my Sunday had come too...PETA.  So annoyed, so irritated I knew it had to be the subject of today's blog.  I am a proud American farmer/rancher supporter and eat meat with every meal.  I wish PETA would document the longest living people in the great country to prove they have eaten meat their whole lives as it proves to be an essential portion of our daily diets.  I had better stop my rampage at that or else I'll probably get a firestorm created here, but just to state the facts, I am a proud consumer of meat products as well as supplier.  With that being said, if you are interested in any lamb meat let me know...I've got a lot in the freezer and I am running out of room.  If you have never tried it, I'd love to give you some just so you can say you have tried it.  IF prepared right, its pretty darn tasty.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I have got to watch a meat cutting, but have never participated in one myself.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete